[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead
The Gotwind Forum • View topic - Where do you get your 8" PVC pipes?

Where do you get your 8" PVC pipes?

<<

morglum

Post Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Here in Canada, I cant find them in

Here in Canada, I cant find them in the normal hardware shops (biggest they have is 4"), and Ive called a shop for contractors, and the shortest they have is 13, which would cost 95$.

I only need 2 dammit. Then again, thinking forward, the rest of the pipe could be used as a riser pipe for the aeration system, but Id rather buy the aeration system once I know the "generation" system works..

Any ideas?

<<

Hefhoover

Junior

Maybe your best bet is to try various building si

Maybe your best bet is to try various building sites in case they have off cuts available?

Hef :-)
<<

BushWhacker

Junior

Morglum, if you go past a new neighborhood to the

Morglum, if you go past a new neighborhood to the area where the next phase of a development is having water and sewer services installed, (large track hoes and no sidewalks are good signs) there is usually a cut off pile of pipe scraps somewhere. I would advise going in the daytime while the crews are working and just talk to the crew foreman. They are usually happy to have you take some scrap pipe away rather than having to pay disposal fees.

When you get to the pipe cut off pile look for pastel green (sewer) pipe which is about the right thickness. The blue (water) pipe is way too heavy/thick as it is designed to contain quite a bit of pressure. If you are lucky (or have a sharp eye) you might even find some white 4" electrical conduit pipe to use for the riser in your aeration system. All of these materials can be found past new house construction. You will be driving on a dirt or gravel trail to get there most likely.

Good luck,
BW

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler. - Albert Einstein
<<

ghurd

Senior

I know how you feel.
Tell them what you are

I know how you feel.
Tell them what you are doing.
Ask if they have any with broken ends? (edit: and tell them you dont care if it is cracked)
Ask who their big purchasers are, and contact the big purchasers, because they are the guys throwing it away!

A friend of a friend dropped of a few feet of 8" at my sisters home for me a several months ago...
My sister lives 600 miles away , but I know what I am getting for Christmas!
G-
<<

Hefhoover

Junior

One point I forgot to mention (and is very import

One point I forgot to mention (and is very important) is to make sure that you get plastic that is to be used ABOVE ground only as this is UV stabilised and wont rot in the sun like the "underground" type. Preferably guttering sections, downpipe or electrical ducting etc

Good luck,

Hef
<<

BushWhacker

Junior

When you have a finished blade that you are done

When you have a finished blade that you are done tuning, a couple of healthy coats of spray paint will keep the UV at bay. Just make sure that the cutoffs you get are not sun bleached.

We really dont see much above ground pvc pipe over here.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler. - Albert Einstein
<<

morglum

Thanks all for the tips.

Bushwhacker:

Thanks all for the tips.

Bushwhacker: I walked by a pile of new pastel green pipes next to the cycling path this weekend.. Ill definitely try to catch em while they work this week :)

Lots of new developments in the area being built, Ill also give those a look.

Thanks !
S.

Return to Archive (Read only, Locked)