me again! lol
Just wanted to post a more complete reply to Ghurds last post :
1) First, thanks for taking so much time to reply to my questions, even going beyond the call of duty and reading french papers! lol
2) Glad to hear their pump looks like junk. :)
3) Im not sure about starting the bubbles just below the surface. I know they mention putting the diffuser in the bottom.
4) Together, I think that means you will do as good as they did (or better) with 1/2CFM, or the DC-8.
Glad to hear that as well! The DC-8 seems to be a bit below 1/2 CFM when at 3.5 PSI though, so I was thinking about erring on the safe side and going with the DC-15.
5) A small windmill makes a lot of weekly power if there is constant usable unobstructed wind.
I jsut got home and it appears my motor for the small wind turbine is at the post office! Finally! Im still not sure where Ill get a disc to make the hub though..
6) Im still unsure what a "riser pipe" is, sorry..
PS30: Is this "the one" ? http://solarelectricsupply.com/Charge_Controllers/Morningstar/Prostar/index.html
No wind controller seems a good idea if my wind turbine only generates max 60-80W and the DC-15 needs 80W 24/7.
Great idea @ the 2 stage controller. Do they exist? Ive got a couple electronics technician as friend that I might persuade to help me in exchange of a couple of case of beers :)
Again, Great idea @ the dumping to a second pump! Would you mind looking at this schematic I made and confirm whether I understood or not? Thanks! (http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4764/2chargecontrollers.jpg
)If you are close to a US "Sams Club" or Costco, might be worth getting the passport checked when you cross the bridge.
(Last I knew, Sams is US$71 plus core charge for a 6V 220AH)
A friend of mine is a member at Costco, Ill have him check the prices out.
I also know what Id do with those batteries in the winter! http://www.ruralsurvival.com/electric_farm_tractor.html
(BTW, I already have scavenged 2 forklifts motors, will get working this conversion eventually).I might have a local contact for you if I knew a postal code. Never can tell.
Im in Gatineau, near Ottawa (zip code J8Y2S6), and my dads farm is next to Quebec City (zip code G0A 3Z0). This means I go through Montreal when I go there.
Huge thanks again. No worries about the remarks, they were deserved :)